Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Never Say Never: Chambray




Photos from The Sartorialist

Chambray - who would have thought that this material would make its way into the closets of fashion-savvy males the world over?

I remember talking to a friend a few weeks ago and he said he wouldn't be caught dead wearing chambray. At the time, I just kept my mouth shut, neither agreeing nor disagreeing with his opinion. To be honest, I was keen on giving it a try and was patiently waiting for a particular style that I would genuinely like. Seeing it constantly on Jake Davis' blog and on the Kitsune guys also added to the appeal.


Shirt from Topman

Last Friday, I spotted a chambray shirt at Topman. It was, perhaps, a good entry level piece into the world of chambray because of its simplicity. It was very soft and light, perfect for the humid weather, and also had a club collar which pretty much sealed the deal. I bought it two days later. Now that it's hanging in my closet, I can say I'm happy with the purchase. As I type this, I'm already thinking of different ways of wearing it (simplicity is key, of course).

1 comment:

CROWD said...

Hello all,

I work for a research agency working in conjunction with MTV and Swatch exploring global attitudes to art.

If you're interested in art and would like to get involved, then please visit: www.playrespond.com and take part in our short survey.

At the end you'll get to see how your views on art compare to people from around the world, plus you'll be entered in for a possible cash prize.

Any questions then please drop me a message.

Thanks,

Kelvin.

ShareThis